|Mandolins from Eastman, "The Loar," Kentucky|
||We focus on reasonably priced imported mandolin family instruments. We will special order
anything from Eastman, Kentucky, and "The Loar".
- We do a thorough setup on each instrument
- We will do custom setups
- We shop our suppliers for discounted instruments, passing along the savings
- Cumberland Acoustics bridge - solid tone, better intonation, easily adjusted $155 installed
- Mandovoodoo (tm) Optimization - a complex system of balancing out the ribs, bars, bridge,
ports, and plates to reduce noise and increase clarity, sweetness, and resonance. $175
Please call with any questions, 865-995-9546
The instrument making workshops of Eastman Strings operate in precisely the same manner as
late 19th century European workshops. They have virtually no power tools aside from the band
saws used to cut out the necks and the outlines of the tops and backs of instruments. Chisels,
knives, gouges, and scrapers, in the hands of outstandingly gifted craftspeople, are the primary
tools used to create these modern instruments, using methods centuries old. We attempt to stock
a variety of the large Eastman line and will gladly find out what's in stock at Eastman, order it, set it
up, and ship it to you. Eastman's website.
Contact us for current prices, these are old:
- 305 A style, F hole, STRIPPED DOWN, matt finish, gigbag $495 list
- 315 F style, F hole, STRIPPED DOWN, matt finish, gigbag $795 list
- 504 A style, oval hole, BASIC model, gloss, shaped case $750 list
- 505 A style, F hole, BASIC model, gloss, shaped case, $750 list
- 514 F style, oval hole, BASIC model, gloss, shaped case, $1250 list
- 515 F style, F hole, BASIC model, gloss, shaped case, $1250 list
- 604 A style, oval hole, STANDARD model, gloss, rect. case, $950 list
- 605 A style, F hole, STANDARD model, gloss, rect. case, $950 list
- 614 F style, oval hole, STANDARD model, gloss, rect. case, $1550 list
- 615 F style, F hole, STANDARD model, gloss, rect. case, $1550 list
- 805 A style, F hole, UPGRADED model, gloss, $1250 list
- 815 F style, F hole, UPGRADED model, gloss, $1850 list
- 815v Varnished F style, DISCONTINUED
- 905 2 point, F hole, SPECIAL model, $1850 list
- 915 F style, F hole, SPECIAL MODEL, $2850 list
- DGM 1 Giacomel Contemporary F style, DAWG SERIES, $3495 list
- DGM 2 Bacon Oval hole, DAWG SERIES, $2695 list
- DGM3 Lyon & Healy Mandola, DAWG SERIES, $2695 list
- MDA-815 Mandola, F style, $1995 list
- MDC-805 Mandocello, guitar body, $2395 list
|Kentucky & Loar Mandolins
Introduced in the late 1970s in response to players’ and collectors’ requests for a mandolin that
duplicated the best vintage instruments in every point of tone, appearance and finish. Kentucky
Master Models are again being constructed to the same standard of quality. Only the finest
American spruce and maple is hand-carved and graduated for the tops and backs.
Lots of work has gone into getting the detailing and tone right on these. Really benefit from
Cumberland Acoustic bridge and Mandovoodoo.
Contact us for current prices:
- LM-220-VS Loar A / F, decent beginner model, X braced
- LM-400 Loar A style, F hole, no tone bars, very open
- LM-520-VS F / F very basic
- LM-600 Loar F mandolin with tone bars
- LM-700 No tone bars, high quality, big sound
- KM-1000 Kentucky Master Model Mandolin, special order, call for current
- KM-1050, KM950 etc often in stock.
|Gianna, Inc.; Maker and seller violin, viola, fiddle, violin case, violin bow, accessories, support, appraisal, restoration, mandolins, guitars.
By viewing you agree to these policies.
Entire contents Copyright © 2010 et seq. Gianna Violins
Prices and specifications subject to change without notice.Prices and specifications subject to change without notice.